Frequently Asked Questions
- Due to COVID-19, a few things have temporarily changed at Body Wisdom Healing Group.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
We are now open and taking massage appointments. The health and safety of our clients, staff, and community is our top priority. We want to reassure you that we will be practicing Ohio Medical Board Safety Protocols.
BEFORE YOU ENTER BODY WISDOM
* We require all guests (and therapists) to wear masks while in our studio — including during your massage session. Please enter with you own or you can buy one from us. A black cotton mask is $10.00.
* We have moved all of our consent forms online to our website. All clients will be required to sign our Covid-19 liability waiver prior to EACH scheduled appointment.
* Our client lounge is temporarily closed. When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car, and text us to let us know you are here. A staff member will contact you when we are ready for your appointment.
* We will be checking and recording your temperature upon arrival. We also check our staff members daily. If you do have a fever (100.8+), we will reschedule you at no cost.
* If you have a fever, cough or any sign of illness, we ask that you do not come into the studio. Please cancel your appointment.
* We are continuing to accept and greatly appreciate cash payments at this time!
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING
- If you live with or have been taking care of anyone sick we ask that you do not come into the studio. Please call or email us to cancel your appointment.
- To increase your safety we have added sneeze guards to the front desk.
- We are building in a lot more time between appointments to ensure fewer clients are in the building at once, and give us ample time to clean between appointments.
- To reduce contamination, we are switching from porcelain to compostable cups and will have filtered water available at the front desk – just ask!
- We are requesting all clients wash their hands (or use hand disinfectant) before beginning their appointment. There are hand disinfectant stations available for your saftety and convenience.
- Each treatment room and the bathrooms are thoroughly disinfected between clients (light switches, door knobs, counters, handles, etc.). We’ve added a plastic table sheet and the treatment table and headrest are disinfected with 70% alcohol. ALL bedding is replaced with fresh linens between clients.
- An extra large HEPA filter air purifier has been added to each 110 sq. ft. treatment room to greatly enhance the CADR (clean air delivery rate) to reduce Covid risk according to a 2003 study showing their effectiveness on the SARS virus. Consumer Reports recommends a CADR of at least 250. Ours has a CADR of 350 and is meant for a 350 sq ft room.
- Your therapist will be wearing a face mask, but we promise they have a huge smile under there and are so excited to see you!
A message from the owner
Our dearest friends + clients,
I am thrilled to announce that The Body Wisdom is now OPEN!
As we prepare to reopen our doors in the wake of COVID-19, there will be a few changes to the flow of our studio. We want to be crystal clear with what you can expect from us, and also what we will be requiring from you.
We respect everyone’s right to choose how to proceed as we all begin to shift into a new normal. If there are measures you feel are missing or have questions about, please communicate with us and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your continued love and support during this time. We are so excited to see you all very soon!
To ensure you receive all the spa treatments you want, when you want, not only is advance booking suggested, it is highly recommended. Guests may book up to two months in advance of their arrival. Some treatments may not be available every day or with every practitioner. You can call our studio at 614.784.9473 or reserve your appointment(s) online. Body Wisdom Healing Group does not accept SpaFinders Gift Cards.
We recommend you check-in at least 5 minutes prior to your service or treatment. If you are new to Body Wisdom, please arrive a minimum of15 minutes prior to your appointment to fill out paperwork, use the restroom, and relax for a few minutes before your session begins.
Arriving late may limit the time for your treatment, thus lessening the effectiveness and your enjoyment. You will still be charged the full fee for the appointment. Depending on the length of your service, a late arrival may be classified as a ‘no-show.’
Twenty-four hour (24) notification is required for all canceled or last-minute changed appointments to avoid being charged 100% of the service fee.
Cancellations due to COVID-19: If your last minute cancellation is due to COVID-19 symptoms, risk, or exposure we will cancel your appointment without a cancellation fee. However, we require a 14 day waiting period before your next appointment.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. COVID NOTICE: All payment must be made online during the pandemic. We will not be accepting cash.. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Massage treatments and package prices do not include gratuity. During Covid we request your desired gratuity be added to your credit card total. A copy of your receipt can be emailed to you by request.
Massage draws energy away from your digestion, and may cause digestive discomfort. Therefore, please eat any large meal at least 30-60 minutes prior to your appointment. A small snack e.g. an apple, small health bar, etc. is fine if you have not eaten in several hours (to prevent low blood sugar symptoms). Avoid alcohol and drink only small amounts of fluids 30 minutes prior to your appointment to prevent unexpected trips to the restroom during your session!
You have a couple of options: 1) You can share what treatment modality you’d prefer either on the phone or via email when you schedule your appointment, or 2) At the time of your session with your massage therapist. Together, you will discus your goals, concerns, any injuries, pain, stress, etc. you are experiencing, and she will help you decide on the best treatment.
At Body Wisdom Healing Group all guests receiving treatments have not only the right, but also the responsibility to communicate openly with their therapist about their needs/concerns (e.g. the temperature, volume of the music, etc) during the treatment. Any special expectations (e.g. unscented oil, etc.), injuries, sensitivities, personal preferences and/or possible concerns about how a treatment is progressing should first be addressed directly with the individual who is providing the treatment during the session.
Our experienced staff have varied skills, talents, and gifts which they bring to Body Wisdom Healing Group. If you have a special request to make your treatment more enjoyable such as dimmer lights, softer music, a lighter or heavier touch, an extra blanket or pillow, etc. Please do not hesitate to ask. If there are certain things you wish your therapist NOT to do such as work on your feet, your face, your abdomen or scalp/hair, please communicate your desires.
In addition, you have the obligation to let your therapist know about any health related conditions that could potentially cause you discomfort or harm during the course of your treatment. This would include, but is not limited to, pregnancy, recent surgeries, diabetes, injuries, high or low blood pressure, heart conditions, or allergies. All of our services are designed to nurture, relax, restore and meet your specific needs. We welcome your input and feedback.
You may wear any clothing you wish to your session unless you are receiving shiatsu or other floor work therapy. For these treatments, you will need to wear loose, comfortable clothing (pants, not shorts) for the entire session. You will need to remove all jewelry before the session. It is recommended that you shower before receiving your treatment and that you disrobe to your lower undergarment, unless other plans are made with your therapist, and lay under a sheet and blanket on the massage table. Your therapist will explain the protocol when you enter the treatment room. Our therapists are trained in proper draping techniques for your comfort and privacy. Upon completion of the treatment, your therapist will again step out of the treatment room to allow you to redress. If you need to use the rest room during your session, a robe will be provided for your comfort and convenience.
Please notify the receptionist at the time you are making your appointment(s) and on your Health History Form that you have filled out prior to your appointment. You may also wish to inform your therapist at the beginning of your treatment, and she will suggest a plan that is right for you.
In an attempt to avoid common allergens, we avoid any nut oil. Instead our base massage oil is sunflower seed oil, hemp seed oil, apricot seed oil and/or other non-nut oils. We scent our massage oil with the finest responsibly-sourced, pure organic French or Bulgarian lavender essential oil. We have unscented oil if you prefer an unscented oil be used for your massage session.
Your physician can best advise you on which treatments are safe based on your personal situation. We also suggest that you avoid treatments using deep pressure below the knees and any application of excessive heat. We do not recommend the Hot Stone massage or reflexology at any time during pregnancy.
If you have a gender preference, please be advised we currently only have female therapists.
Shaving is recommended, but please be sure to do so at least two hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you have sensitive skin, you may need additionial time for healing prior to a facial treatment.
Shaving is optional, but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain services (Hot Stone) or treatments (analgesics like Bio Freeze/Tiger Balm) may irritate newly-shaven skin.
The practitioner’s at Body Wisdom Healing Group are trained to customize our facial treatments based on your particular needs (lymph drainage, TMJ, etc.). This means the type of pressure, treatment, and tools will be used based on what is best for your individual circumstance and needs.
Young adults between the ages of 12–17 may freely enjoy our nurturing, therapeutic services with the supervision of a parent or guardian, or without (with the guardian’s permission). Young adults 11 years old or younger must be supervised by parent or guardian while receiving any of our services.